How does the Kegelmaster work?
When you do "Kegels" the way the doctors and medical websites tell you to do them, you are NOT doing them the way Dr. Kegel did with his patients. You'd think that since he had an 80-90% success rate AND they named the exercise after him, that you would be instructed to do them like he did. That's not happening.
Here's the problem. You are being told to "squeeze" and hold against nothing. That isn't what Dr. Kegel did, his patients "squeezed" against a progressive resistance device which was inserted into their vagina. That means that his patients were "squeezing" against tension, not against air.
There is only one device you can purchase today that provides that progressive resistance to "squeeze" against and that is the Kegelmaster 2000. Read on and see how to use it.
Initially, you would open your Kegelmaster 2000 and insert the appropriate number of springs. We suggest starting with only one spring in the first position and increasing levels as you get stronger.
Next, swing the other half of the unit around to close it and screw on the adjusting knob until the unit is completely closed.
Now that you've gotten this far, your Kegelmaster 2000 is ready to be used. Scroll down for more instructions.
These are not complete instructions, only the basics so you understand how the Kegelmaster 2000 works.
Your Kegelmaster will ship with a complete set of instructions as well as a DVD.
We are also available to help you if you have any questions.
What is the difference between the Standard Kegelmaster and the Advanced Kegelmaster?
Both the original genuine Kegelmaster and the Advanced Kegelmaster come with the same Kegelmaster base core unit, four medical grade stainless steel springs, instructional DVD, booklet and urinary diary log.
The four standard medical grade stainless steel springs will provide 15 distinct levels of resistance and a total maximum resistance of 6.95lbs of compression resistance. Where the Advanced Kegelmaster distinguishes itself is with the addition of 4 zinc-plated hardened springs. With the addition of these springs the Kegelmaster Advanced will now provide more levels of resistance and up to a maximum of 9.5lbs total resistance.
The standard Kegelmaster provides sufficient resistance to restore the strength to the pelvic floor muscle and indeed most women never see the need to graduate to the Advanced Kegelmaster. However, there are two main advantages to starting out with the Advanced Kegelmaster:
- The additional springs provide for more intermediate levels of distinct resistance and can allow for faster progression to the higher settings.
- The maximum settings provide for additional strength and control many women find that the additional levels of resistance keep the exercises challenging and enjoyable and with the higher resistance levels there comes greater benefits.
How will I know the Kegelmaster is working?
You will know the Kegelmaster is working almost immediately. When you are able to close the Kegelmaster using your vaginal muscles you will see the device close and feel your pelvic floor and pubococcygeus muscles working against the resistance of the unit.
You should begin to experience greater control over your bladder and urinary system. You may begin experiencing relief from stress incontinence or leaks.
Typically after a half dozen workout sessions, but as early as the first workout session sexual intercourse can begin to feel more pleasurable and stimulating. You may experience a feeling that your partner’s penis is larger or has a more firm erection and your partner may experience a feeling of an increased vaginal pressure. You may experience a more intense orgasm and find that it easier for you to achieve orgasm.
If you suffer from pelvic organ prolapse you should consult with your doctor or gynecologist prior to starting an exercise regimen as other treatment may be necessary prior to starting any exercise program.
Why should all healthy women do kegel exercises?
- The Kegel Exercise is the only known, proven non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical solution to nearly all forms of Female Urinary Incontinence.
- The collapse or failure of the Pelvic Floor is directly responsible for many common female reproductive health complications like incontinence, constipation, pelvic organ prolapse and sexual dysfunction. All of these problems can be prevented with proper Kegel exercises.
- Proper Kegel exercises can increase the intensity of the female orgasm as well as improve sexual pleasure for both intercourse partners.
- Kegel exercises are often prescribed in preparation for vaginal child birthing and can prevent pelvic floor damage during vaginal child birth delivery as well as make child birthing easier and less painful.
How Effective are Kegel Exercises in Treating Incontinence?
When performed correctly Kegel exercises with progressive resistance are extremely effective at managing incontinence and providing relief and prevention for other pelvic floor disorders including pelvic pain, bladder prolapse (cystocele), uterine prolapse or bowel prolapse (rectocele).
Important Medical Restrictions pertaining to the Kegelmaster
When is it unsafe for a woman to use the Kegelmaster?
If you have any doubts or concerns you should discuss your specific medical situation with your doctor, gynecologist or other medical professional who is familiar with and qualified to make medical recommendations for your specific medical situation.
- Women in their first trimester of pregnancy and new moms that are less than six weeks postpartumshould not use the Kegelmaster.
- The device is designed to be safe for pregnant women in their second and third trimester of pregnancy, but always consult your physician prior to starting use.
- Women who have had any genitourinary or pelvic surgery should also wait at least six weeks and consult with their physician before beginning use.
- Women using inter-vaginal devices, such as a pessary or a diaphragm should not use the Kegelmaster.
- The Kegelmaster is safe to use on your period but you should not use tampons while you are doing your Kegelmaster exercises.
- It is safe to use the Kegelmaster if you use an I.U.D. Some light spotting is common when first using this device, especially in menopausal and post-menopausal women.
What materials are in the Kegelmaster?
The Genuine Kegelmaster 2000 contains no known harmful, toxic or carcinogenic materials.
The Genuine Kegelmaster has been produced in the United States for nearly 20 years using only FDA approved materials in an FDA approved manufacturing facility.
Materials and Chemicals
- Medical grade Non-toxic hypoallergenic ABS core
- Phthalates free
- Latex free
- Contains NO BPA (Bisphenol A)
- Contains NO DEHP(di-ethylhexyl phthalate)
- Standard springs are stainless steel
- Advanced springs are stainless steel with zinc electroplating
The Kegelmaster is the safest least invasive way to organically develop and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
Your satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
If you are not satisfied for any reason, we will refund your complete purchase price. Even if you just don't like the color! It's simple, if we can't help you, we don't want your money. Period.